Last modified: 04/2016
Rheem (“Company” or “We“) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.rheem.com (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as zip codes, and general location data; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering warranty information, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website. In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Rheem’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Rheem about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rheem, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
General Terms and Conditions
Rheem Manufacturing Company and its affiliates (“Rheem”) provide this website as a service to its customers, prospective customers, distributors, dealers, and others. Except as otherwise set forth herein, these general terms and conditions of use (“Terms and Conditions”) govern your use of his website (the “Site” or “website”) and any products purchased from Rheem from the Site (the “Products”).
Rheem reserves the right to change or delete the contents of this website, including, but not limited to specifications or designs of its products at any time without notice.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions of Use. By accessing and using the Site, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to these Terms and Conditions. If you place an order for any Products with Rheem, you must indicate your consent to these Terms and Conditions prior to placing your order. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, then you are requested to immediately exit the Site. Rheem may take any actions it deems appropriate, including, but not limited to, restricting your access to the Site or Products if Rheem determines in its sole discretion that you have violated these Terms and Conditions.
Revisions to Terms and Conditions. Please refer to these Terms and Conditions regularly. Rheem reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time in its sole discretion and without notice. Any such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified agreement. Your continued access or use of this Site constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions stated at the time of access or use. Rheem may at any time and without prior notice revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting.
Purchase of Products.
a. Payment and Delivery. Prices for all Products are in United States dollars and exclude any and all applicable taxes and shipping and handling charges, unless expressly stated otherwise. To the extent permissible under law, you are responsible for any applicable taxes, whether or not they are listed on your receipt or statement. If you purchase Products, you agree to pay, using a valid credit card (or other form of payment that Rheem may accept from time to time), the applicable fees and taxes (if any) set forth in the offer that you accepted. Rheem reserves the right, upon prior notice to you, to change the amount of any fees and to institute new fees. All authorized charges will be billed to your designated credit card account (or other payment method) on the terms described in the specific offer. If payment cannot be charged to your credit card or your payment is returned to Rheem for any reason, Rheem reserves the right to either suspend or cancel your order. It is your responsibility to ensure that sufficient funds are available to cover the charges for Products, and Rheem has no liability for any overdraft or other fees that you may incur as a result of Rheem processing your payment.
b. Order Acceptance and Confirmation. Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. Rheem reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. Any and all orders accepted by Rheem are governed exclusively by the Rheem terms of sale applicable to the specific Product and these Terms and Conditions.
c. Sales Tax. Prices do not include, and you shall be responsible for, all applicable sales taxes for any Products you purchase.
d. Returns and Exchanges. Unless otherwise specified by Rheem on this website or on the terms of sale for a Product, Rheem has a 60 day return policy. In order to qualify for a return or exchange, Rheem must be notified within 60 days, and have possession of the Product within the 60th day (from the date of receipt) of the Product purchased. After 60 days from the date of receipt, Rheem is not obligated by any means to replace the Product or refund any money paid for the Product for any reason. To return your Products, you must contact customer service at the number provide on the Site for further instructions. If the Products are successfully returned to Rheem in accordance with the terms herein, your account will be credited in approximately one to two billing cycles from the date Rheem receives the Products from you.
e. Installation and Repair Information. Many Products sold through this website should be installed and repaired by qualified service professionals. Rheem strongly encourages you to refer to the use & care manual or installation manual of the Product for more information. This website may contain general information to aid qualified service professionals in the repair of certain products and parts. The complete model number and serial number of the unit under repair should be specified when selecting and ordering replacement parts. Specifications and illustrations are subject to change without notice. Rheem assumes no responsibility or liability for acts or omissions, errors, mistakes, or negligence of the purchaser or any other person or entity. The purchaser is responsible for choosing the appropriate products and parts and must verify the proper and safe operation of equipment after the replacement of any original components.
a. Corporate Identification and Trademarks. All registered or unregistered corporate names, trademarks, service marks, logos, and other source-identifying designations (collectively “Marks”) used or referred to on this website are the property of Rheem Manufacturing Company (“Rheem”) unless otherwise noted. Unauthorized use of the Marks is prohibited.
b. Proprietary Rights to Content. All content, including but not limited to information, all written materials, catalogs, photographs, computer programs, applications, computer code (including source code and object code), illustrations, artwork, designs, graphics, layout, data, logos, messages, the HTML code that Rheem creates to generate the Site, or other materials (collectively, “Content”) included on the Site is the property of Rheem or content providers of Rheem and are protected by copyright, trademark, service mark, trade dress, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights and laws. No license to or right in any such trademarks, patents, copyrighted materials, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes, and other proprietary rights of Rheem and content providers of Rheem is granted to or conferred upon you. The downloading, reproduction, printing, copying, storage, or distribution of any Content, other than for non-commercial individual use, is strictly prohibited. The use of any Content for a commercial purpose, without the express written consent of Rheem, violates Rheem copyrights, trademark rights, and other intellectual property rights any may be a violation of federal law subject to criminal and civil penalties.
c. Third party content. Rheem claims no proprietary rights to, or affiliation with, any third party trademarks or logo references or appearing on the Site. You should not infer any affiliation, sponsorship or endorsement from the use of third party marks on the Site as such marks are used solely to designate certain products or services as belonging to their respective owners.
d. Disclaimer. SITE INCLUDES CONTENT AND INFORMATION THAT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. WHILE RHEEM DESIRES THAT THE CONTENT AND INFORMATION ON THE SITE BE UP-TO-DATE AND ACCURATE, IT IS YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO CONFIRM THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF SUCH CONTENT AND INFORMATION. RHEEM DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE USE OF THE CONTENT OR INFORMATION ON THE SITE OR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF SUCH CONTENT OR INFORMATION.
Links. Rheem may, from time to time, provide links to third-party websites not associated with Rheem. These third-party websites contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by companies, organizations, or others independent of Rheem. Rheem makes no representations whatsoever about any third-party website to which you may have access through the Rheem website. Rheem has not reviewed and is not responsible for such linked websites or the content of any of the linked websites. When you access such a third party website, you do so at your own risk and acknowledge that Rheem is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials available from such websites. You also agree that Rheem shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of your use of any third party website.
Mention on the Rheem website of any third-party company or website, or to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, service mark, manufacturer, or otherwise, is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an endorsement, recommendation, approval, or certification by Rheem.
User Conduct. You will not make any unauthorized use of this website or any content or features available on this website. You are responsible for all use of your account (including username and password, if any) and shall be solely responsible for maintaining the security of your passwords. You agree that all the information and content posted or accessed in restricted password protected areas of the website is confidential to Rheem and will be used only for your personal and internal purposes. You may not engage in any conduct or action that is prohibited by law or violates any country, federal, state, or local laws.
WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL PRODUCTS, INFORMATION, CONTENT AND SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” RHEEM AND ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER REGARDING THE CONTENT OR SERVICES OF THE SITE, ANY PRODUCTS, OR HYPERTEXT LINKS TO OTHER OUTSIDE WEBSITES. RHEEM AND ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES RELATED TO ANY COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE, AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MOREOVER, RHEEM DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE AND MATERIAL ACCESSIBLE TO YOU ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. RHEEM AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, THE PRODUCTS, OR INFORMATION OR FUNCTIONS ON SUCH SITE, EVEN IF RHEEM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL RHEEM AND ITS AFFILIATES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THE SITE OR PURCHASING PRODUCTS.
Indemnification. You agree, at your expense, to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Rheem, its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, distributors, dealers, and licensees from and against any judgment, losses, deficiencies, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) incurred in connection with or arising from any claim, demand, suit, action, or proceeding arising out of your breach of these Terms and Conditions or in connection with your use of this website or any product, including the Products, or service related thereto.
General. These Terms and Conditions and all information on the Site are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia and of the United States of America, without regard to conflict of law principles. Although users outside of the United States may have access to the Site or Products, the information contained herein is intended only for use by residents of the United States. Rheem specifically reserves all rights to limit provision of our Products to select persons, countries or geographic regions. The venue for any matter relating to or arising from this site will be in the state or federal court of competent jurisdiction in the State of Georgia.
Waiver/Severability. The waiver by either party of a breach or right under these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach or right. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Terms and conditions, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
Entire Agreement. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Rheem concerning the use or access of this website.
Reservation of Rights. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Contact Us. For further information or to contact us with questions, concerns, or comments, please contact us through the form at the top of the screen. Although Rheem will, in most circumstances, be able to receive your email or other information provided through the Site, Rheem does not guarantee that it will receive all such email or other information timely and accurately. Rheem shall not be legally obligated to read, act on, or respond to any such email or other information.
Use of this site signifies your agreement to the Terms and Condition of Use.
California Transparency in Supply Chains Act Disclosure
Transparency in Supply Chains
Rheem will not tolerate human trafficking or slavery in its operations or its suppliers’ operations. Rheem encourages all of its procurement employees to be vigilant regarding human trafficking and slavery in Rheem’s supply chain and to report any suspected human trafficking or slavery to the General Counsel. The company will not retaliate against employees who report suspected human trafficking or slavery in the Rheem supply chain.
The following disclosures are made pursuant to the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 (Section 1714.43 of the California Civil Code) (referred to in this disclosure as the “Act”).
To what extent, if any, does Rheem:
(1) Engage in verification of product supply chains to evaluate and address risks of human trafficking and slavery? Rheem does not at this time engage in verification of product supply chains to evaluate and address risks of human trafficking and slavery.
(2) Conduct audits of suppliers to evaluate supplier compliance with company standards for trafficking and slavery in supply chains.While Rheem employees conduct periodic site visits and audits of certain of our suppliers, Rheem does not specifically audit suppliers for compliance with company standards for human trafficking and slavery. If there is any reason to suspect that a supplier is not complying with human trafficking and slavery standards, then Rheem will address the matter with the supplier.
(3) Require direct suppliers to certify that materials incorporated into the product comply with the laws regarding slavery and human trafficking of the country or countries in which they are doing business. Rheem generally requires suppliers to be in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and has requested certification from suppliers that they comply with applicable laws regarding slavery and human trafficking.
(4) Maintains internal accountability standards and procedures for employees or contractors failing to meet company standards regarding slavery and trafficking. Rheem employees are required to acknowledge and adhere to its Code of Business Conduct and Ethics (the “Code of Conduct”). While the Code of Conduct does not specifically address human trafficking and slavery, it does require that employees abide by the applicable laws and regulations in each country in which Rheem does business and report any suspected violations.
(5) Provides company employees and management, who have direct responsibility for supply chain management, training on human trafficking and slavery, particularly with respect to mitigating risks within the supply chains of products. Rheem is working to develop and implement training for members of its supply chain workforce to recognize and mitigate human trafficking and slavery risks in the supply chain.
Rheem Manufacturing Company (including its affiliates) (“Rheem”) is committed to providing quality products and conducting business honestly, fairly and with integrity. This Supplier Code of Conduct (“Code”) applies to all suppliers who are part of Rheem’s supply chain and sets forth Rheem’s standards and expectations with respect to key areas of corporate responsibility.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND REGULATIONS
Rheem suppliers must comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES Rheem expects suppliers to respect its workers and to be in compliance with the specific requirements relating to employment and working conditions contained herein.
- Supplier will fairly compensate its workers, complying with all applicable laws and regulations governing wages and overtime payment for workers.
- Supplier will comply with all applicable legal limits for working hours and days of service and will not exceed the maximum set by applicable laws and regulations.
- Supplier will comply with all laws and regulations regarding the fair and humane treatment of its workers.
- Supplier will be committed to a workforce free of harassment and unlawful discrimination.
- Supplier must provide their workers with a safe and healthy working environment.
- Supplier will not use, directly or indirectly, forced, slave or child labor.
Suppliers shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations and international standards regarding environmental protection.
PRIVACY AND SECURITY
Supplier will commit to protecting the reasonable privacy expectations of personal information of everyone with whom it does business, including suppliers, customers and employees.
FCPA, ANTI-CORRUPTION AND BRIBERY
Supplier shall abide by all applicable anti-corruption regulations and laws of the countries in which it operates, including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) and applicable international anti-corruption laws, rules and conventions. Supplier shall not engage in any form of corruption, extortion, embezzlement, or bribery, including any payment or other form of benefit conferred on any government official for the purpose of influencing decision making in violation of law.
GIFT & GRATUITY POLICY; CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Rheem employees are prohibited from soliciting or accepting any gifts, gratuities or other monetary incentives that are designed to improperly influence business decisions or as a condition of doing business, and we expect our suppliers to adhere to these rules. Gifts should never be offered, given, or accepted by any Rheem employee if it:
- Is a cash gift or cash equivalent (such as gift certificates or gift cards);
- Exceeds $250.00 in value in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand or $100 in all other locations (unless approved in advance by authorized management);
- It can be construed as a bribe, kickback or payoff;
- Is not reasonable and appropriate in the context of the business occasion; and
- Violates any laws or regulations.
Supplier will not put any Rheem employee in positions that test their loyalty to Rheem or cause violations of Rheem’s Code of Business Conduct & Ethics or the law.
Supplier will comply with all applicable laws and regulation, as well as applicable requirements, intended to address the humanitarian and commercial concerns, specifically as it relates to Conflict Minerals, including regulations passed by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Rheem reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change the requirements of this Code from time to time.
Last Updated: September 27, 2017