Digital Gas Heater
|| BTUH Input
The Rheem Digital gas heater comes with a microprocessor-based control center. This allows you to set your pool or spa temperature precisely at your preferred setting by simply pressing the up or down temperature control button. The digital display provides a constant readout of your pool or spa water temperature. Just set it, and forget it! Truly simple. If only your VCR were this easy to operate.
Troubleshooting a Rheem gas heater has never been easier. The Rheem Digital has on-board diagnostic controls that let the user and the service professional know what is going on with the heater at all times. In the unlikely event that a problem develops the digital display easily points out the problem and the probable cause. It's like having a service technician built into every heater!
The new Rheem Digital is compatible with most major pool control and remote systems on the market today. Any two- or three-wire remote can connect to the Rheem Digital and be integrated into the pool control system of your choice.
Stainless Steel Burners
Burner design is a critical component in any gas heater. The stainless steel burner system used in the Rheem Digital is inherently forgiving and extremely robust. The burner is self-adjusting to compensate for gas pressure fluctuations, allowing the heater to always burn clean and safe.
Smooth Light Off
The soft-opening gas valve ensures smooth turn-on; no "Hard Light" to worry about. Easily removable burner tray and pilot assembly make service and maintenance a simple task.
The Rheem Digital use a spark-to-pilot ignition system. This is the most reliable and robust ignition system available- an industry proven standard for over 20 years.
The ceramic fiber combustion chamber keeps your heater running efficiently while ensuring the outside jacket stays cool. By using this space-age material, the heater won't retain residual heat after it is turned off, allowing it to be installed without the need for excessive clearances. This heater is also certified for installation on a combustible surface.
Performance and reliability are enhanced by the "pagoda top," designed to keep the Rheem Digital operating even in windy conditions. No need for fans to combat drafting problems. This heater is engineered to draft naturally in outdoor installations with its exclusive low-profile design. It is so thoughtfully and carefully constructed it actually protects itself from the things that tend to stifle ordinary pool and spa heaters. It delivers uninterrupted heating performance regardless of falling leaves, wind, airborne debris, rain, downdrafts, updrafts, sleet, snow, etc.
PolyTuf Textured Powder Coating
The Rheem Digital has a polyester-coated, non-corrosive cabinet that is more durable than solventborne- and waterborne-coated metal cabinets. Every piece of sheet metal goes through a 7-stage wash system, making certain the powder paint has a perfect bond. Underneath the tough, yet beautiful finish you will find galvanized metal that offers superior rust prevention for years of durable service.
Both water temperature and flow rate inside the heater are controlled to help eliminate condensation, sooting and scale build-up that can shorten the life of a heater. Rheem engineered the Unitherm Governor specifically for pool and spa heater applications, regulating low temperature incoming water to help reduce condensation.
The Rheem Digital is equipped with polymer headers and an integral copper fin tube heat exchanger built with stainless steel tube sheets. This ensures rust-free performance, especially important when heating spas. Even the smallest details, such as the studs and nuts, are made out of stainless steel. The payoff? A heater that will last year after year and can easily be serviced if the need should ever arise.
Copper Fin Tube
The Rheem Digital is built to last with the highest quality integral copper fin tube available. Copper is well known for its ability to efficiently transfer heat, and is an excellent choice for pool and spa heater heat exchangers, where the water chemistry is properly maintained.
Cupro-Nickel Fin Tube
Rheem heaters are available with an optional cupro-nickel fin tube heat exchanger for added protection against aggressive water chemistry, which has been known to attack copper heat exchangers and cause premature failure. Cupro-nickel's major advantage over standard copper is that it's more tolerant of bad water chemistry and is more resistant to erosion, thanks to a harder surface and a wall that is approximately 50% thicker. When you are unsure of your ability to maintain the pool or spa water chemistry, a cupro-nickel heat exchanger is a cost-effective way to protect against premature failure.
D-2 Power Vent
Rheem offers an optional power vent feature. Sometimes, equipment rooms or unusual venting configurations require the use of a power vent. Being the heater experts, we have this option for you when the need may arise.
The D-2 Power Vent assembly is a Category III mechanical draft venting system that operates under a positive static pressure that prevents excessive condensate production in the vent. All sizes are capable of relieving flue gases up to a maximum of 100 equivalent feet of vent length. All models have a standard 4" diameter exhaust connection.
Using the Rheem-supplied adjustable 90° elbow, the flue gases may be discharged in any direction (see D-2 Power Vent manual for details). The D-2 Power Vent is also dual-voltage capable (120/240 volt) and engineered for long life and smooth operation.
||Shipping Weights (lbs)
w/ Polymer Headers and Stackless Top
|Shipping Weights (lbs)
- Designation for a Digital heater using propane gas is "EP"; a Digital heater using natural gas is "EN".
- Designation for a Millivolt heater using propane gas is "MP"; a Millivolt heater using natural gas is "MN".
- Prefix "P" is for plastic (polymer) headers.
- Suffix "X" is for cupro-nickel tubing; "C" is for copper tubing.
- Example: P-M406A-EN-X = Plastic headers, 406 model size, digital, natural gas, cupro-nickel.
- Reduce input 4% for each 1000 feet above sea level when installed above 2000 feet elevation.
Technical Features - All Models
- PolyTuf Textured Powder Coating: The Rheem gas heater has a polyester-coated, non-corrosive cabinet that is more durable than solventborne- and waterborne-coated metal cabinets. Every piece of sheet metal goes through a 7-stage wash system, making certain the powder paint has a perfect bond. Underneath the tough, yet beautiful finish you will find galvanized metal that offers superior rust prevention and years of durable service.
- Wind-Resistant Design: No need for fans to combat drafting problems. This heater is designed to draft naturally in outdoor installations with its exclusive low-profile design. It is so thoughtfully and carefully designed it actually protects itself from the things that tend to stifle ordinary pool and spa heaters. It delivers uninterrupted heating performance regardless of falling leaves, wind, airborne debris, rain, downdrafts, updrafts, sleet, snow, etc.
- Polymer Headers: Polymer headers prevent rust stains from harming your pool's surface, giving you years of trouble-free swimming pleasure.
- All-Copper-Fin-Tube Heat Exchanger: The fin tubes of the heat exchanger are each made from a single piece of extruded copper. This integral-fin design allows maximum heat transfer to be attained and maintained. Cupro-nickel is also available as an optional upgrade.
- Stainless Steel Tube Sheet: Stainless steel tube sheets are used on all Rheem gas heaters. This allows for a completely nonferrous waterway, leaving your pool truly rust-free.
- CPVC 2" Water Connections: Standard with every Rheem is a set of 2" slip-fit CPVC water connections to make your installation secure and effortless.
- Condensation Protection: The Unitherm Governor helps reduce condensation from low inlet water temperatures. It automatically regulates the water flow to help keep the water temperature in the heat exchanger above 105°F. Both water temperature and water flow rate are controlled to eliminate condensation, sooting, and scale build-up that can shorten heater life.
- High Flow Rates: The Rheem gas heater comes with an automatic bypass built into the header. You'll find that the heater is capable of handling water flow at a rate up to 125 gpm.
- Burner Tray: Every burner tray is built to last, from the stainless steel burners to the aluminized metal used in the heat sensitive areas. Innovative design allows for the easy removal of the tray and burners for servicing.
- Fire Tile: A ceramic fiber combustion box keeps your heater running efficiently while keeping the outside jacket cool. By using this space-age material the heater won't retain residual heat after it is turned off, allowing it to be installed without the use of costly metal heat sinks.
- Fuel-Efficient: Energy-smart Rheem heaters consistently achieve the highest efficiency ratings. They exceed all federal and state standards.
Technical Features - Digital Models Only
- Microprocessor-Controlled Thermostat: The Rheem Digital gas heater features a microprocessor-based control center. This control allows you to set your pool or spa temperature precisely at your favorite setting just by pressing the up or down temperature control buttons.
- Self-Diagnostic: On-board diagnostic controls let the user and the service professional know what is going on with the heater at all times. In the event that you would ever have a problem with the heater, the digital display will indicate the source.
- Remote-Compatible: Compatible with most major pool control and remote systems on the market today. Any two-wire or three-wire remote can connect to the heater and be integrated into the pool control system of your choice.
- Electronic Ignition: Rheem Digital heaters come standard with intermittent spark ignition pilot safety controls. What this means is that the pilot only comes on when there is a call for heat. This provides an energy-efficient way to control your heater's gas usage by eliminating the need for a continuous pilot.
- ISO 9001: We are proud to be an ISO 9001 registered manufacturing plant. It's one more reason why Rheem is number one in the heater industry today.
- End-of-Line Test: Every Rheem gas pool heater is plumbed and test-fired before it is put in the carton. This ensures that your heater will work right out of the box and continue to give you years of trouble-free operation.
- Quality Check Points: The Rheem assembly process includes six final assembly quality check points that help to ensure that every Rheem gas heater is built correctly, and built to last.
- CSA-Certified: All of Rheem's gas pool heaters are CSA-certified and are tested by CSA to the ANSI Z21.56 standard.